SPEDION GmbH is a leading provider of Android-based truck telematics systems. We have over 70 employees and our headquarters is in Krombach, Germany. Since 2003, we have been developing products and solutions that can fully adapt to a customer's requirements. The emphasis of our software solutions, which are designed especially for the transport industry, is, among other things, on reliable route planning, visual route tracking, and the analysis and utilisation of driving and standing times backed by an extensive database.
SPEDION is not only a renowned expert in product development. As telematics specialists, we are also recognised for designing and installing well-thought-out solutions to meet a customer's individual needs. Together with innovative ideas and a sense of personal responsibility, our dedicated team is committed to supporting the growing number of SPEDION customers in optimising their business processes.
We are looking for an experienced Senior .NET Developer to support the development of our new and existing products.
You will be responsible for developing the tasks you take on during a sprint – from concept to implementation to roll-out.
You will be responsible for your own development tasks and maintain contact with other developers, product managers and partner companies.
You will support our junior developers through challenges and contribute to the continuous improvement in code quality.
Your tasks will include
- Independent handling of tasks within the framework of Agile projects
- Analysis of the technical requirements and development of a technical concept
- Realisation of the technical solution in Java and Kotlin for Android devices
- Development of test scenarios as well as independent quality assurance and documentation of the code
- Ticket processing with Jira
- Source code management and code reviews with Bitbucket Git
- Supporting the team in the further development, optimisation and maintenance of the overall architecture, consisting of frontend, backend, databases, caches, etc.
- Status reports within the framework of the Agile project method and to management
- At least 3 years of experience in Android development (Java or Kotlin)
- Experience in the use and/or implementation of SOAP and REST web services
- Experience in the use of databases is an advantage
- Experience in the use of source code management (Git)
- Experience in team-oriented collaboration, preferably also in non-hierarchical companies
- Experience in software architecture and design patterns
- Project collaboration in the environment of Agile development methods
- Completed computer science studies (Bachelor's or Master's)
- Fluent in business German, written and spoken English
What we can offer you
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Flat hierarchy
- All staff on "first name" basis
- Recognition of initiative and commitment
- Open to new ideas
- Professional development
- Participation in developer conferences
- Flexible working hours
- Home office
- Permanent remote workplace possible
- Quiet working atmosphere
- Shared lunch
- Job bikes and company electric car